Procedures for Clearing Cache in 5 of the Most Popular Browsers
Regardless of which browser you are using, please be sure you are using the latest version of the browser software and you are clearing the browser cache for everything...if you do not select all items, you may not clear all the cache and may still not be able to see your changes.
- Microsoft Edge
- Open the Edge menu (click the three horizontal dots in the top right corner of the window)
- Select SETTINGS
- Click the side-tab labeled PRIVACY & SETTINGS - Note: If you don't see the Privacy & Settings tab you may need to click the < next to General to see the menu.
- under the Clear Browsing Data section, click the CHOOSE WHAT TO CLEAR button
- under Time Range select ALL TIME
- Check the boxes next to
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Passwords and other sign-data - NOTE: We do not recommend saving passwords but if you do please be advised that checking this box will wipe out your passwords. They will need to be re-entered. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS BEFORE CHECKING THIS BOX.
- Autofill form data (includes forms and cards)
- Media licenses NOTE: If you have Media licenses please check with your agency before checking this box to ensure connections aren't lost.
- Website Permissions - NOTE: We do not recommend saving passwords but if you do please be advised that checking this box will wipe out your passwords. They will need to be re-entered. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS BEFORE CHECKING THIS BOX.
- Click the CLEAR or CLEAR NOW button
If you are viewing the page in the staging environment, you may need to clear the browser cache.
What is "Cache" and Why Do I Need to Clear it?
Browsers often cache (save) copies of web pages you've visitied in memory. Sometimes your browser will return the cached values for web pages you've already visited rather than actually downloading the page again. If this occurs, you will not see your changes in your browser window until you have cleared your cache.
I'm Using a Browser that isn't Listed Above. What can I do?
If a procedure for the browser you are running isn't listed above (or the procedure above doesn't work for the browser version you are using), please run a search in your browser using the search term(s) "xxx browser clear cache" and/or "xxx browser clear history" where xxx is the name of your browser to locate specific instructions for the browser/version you are running.